If you are looking for a sweet treat which is totally different and perfect for summer, you’ve come to the right place.
Todays bake is totally different to anything I’ve ever made before and I LOVE it. It’s unlike anything I’ve shared here with you on my blog and I can honestly say, it took me by surprise on first taste but I instantly fell in love and couldn’t stop at just one bite.
The only way I can describe todays bake is that it’s a hybrid between a cheesecake and icecream. If you make this yourself you’ll know what I mean – after mixing the ingredients together, it looks like a cheesecake but it’s then frozen and ends up tasting like a fruity icecream. I know, sounds very bizarre but like myself, at first, it had very mixed reviews from my family but after a few bites, they couldn’t get enough of it. Therefore, it only felt right that I share it with you guys today.
If your on the hunt for the ultimate summer pudding, look no further! It’s fresh, it’s fruity, it’s creamy and the biscuit base breaks the creaminess up and gives it a beautiful texture. I mean, come on! what more could you possibly ask for?
So if everything I’ve mentioned above tickles your fancy and you’d like to get creating this frozen pie yourself, keep reading as the recipe is just coming up…
Category: Desert / Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Freeze Time: 4+ Hours
Overall Time 4.5 Hours
Ingredients You Need:
- 250g Of Digestive Biscuits
- 113g Of Butter, Melted
- 50g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Can Of Condensed Milk
- 57g Of Lemon Juice
- 57g of Orange Juice
- 1 Packet Of Frozen Peach & Nectarine Slices
- 1 Lemon, Grated / Zested
- 360g Of Heavy Whipping Cream
How To Make Pie:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, place 250g of digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and using a rolling pin (or a food processor if you have one), bash the biscuits into a fine crumb.
- Once you’ve got your biscuit crumb, add into a large bowl with the 50g of granulated sugar and 113g of melted butter and mix together.
- Now, press the biscuit crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of your 10inch loss bottomed pie dish, then set aside.
- Next, in a blender place 1 can of condensed milk, 57g of lemon juice, 57g of orange juice, packet of frozen peach and nectarine slices and zest of one lemon and blend together until smooth.
- Then, transfer the blended mixture into a large bowl.
- Now, in a separate large bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Once formed, using a spatula, carefully fold in the peach blended mixture into the whipping cream.
- Spoon the peach and whipping cream mixture on top of your biscuit base.
- Place into the freezer and freeze for around 4 hours or overnight if possible until firm. (TIP: remove from the freezer around 15 minutes before serving to help when cutting into slices).
- Finally, top with 3 slices of peaches.
That’s your Frozen Peach & Nectarine Pie prepared, assembled, frozen and ready for you to serve!
Something completely different for me and I’m obsessed with the outcome! You know me, I try to share a variety of different bakes with you so it isn’t to repetitive and boring so I really hope you enjoys todays bake.
It’s certainly going to be the ultimate summer bake for me! I can see bakes like todays proving very popular in the hotter days ahead.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this frozen pie yourself and what your thoughts are on it. We’re you surprised?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,