We all know by now that cookies are an absolute fav in this household. Well, cookie bars are just as loved, if not more (by me especially) and today I’m bringing you the ultimate cookie bar that is a must try!
I’d have never of thought of putting these ingredients together but honestly… it’s a winning combo.
A post I saw on Pinterest caught my eye straight away when put these ingredients together to make a cookie bar and I instantly knew I had to give these ingredients a try myself. (the original recipe: https://bakerbynature.com/brown-butter-honey-pistachio-cookie-bars/) DAMN! I’m glad I did, as these are blooming delicious.
Soft. Chewy. Moist. Flavourful. Seriously what more could you ask for when making a cookie bar? I know I say this a lot now days but I think these could possibly be up there with the best cookie bars I’ve ever made. Seriously, myself and my family are obsessed.
Put it this way; my mum who is wholeheartedly honest with me when it comes to my bakes, said and I quote ‘these cookie bars are up there with the best bake you’ve ever done’. So, there you go people, you’ve heard it from mumma dev, these are blooming delicious and you must make them ASAP!
Category: Sweet Treats
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Overall Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 141g Of Unsalted Butter, Melted & Browned
- 200g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 3.5tbsp Of Honey
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 150g Of Plain Flour
- 1tsp Of Sea Salt
- 75g Of Shelled Pistachios, Roughly Chopped
How To Make Cookie Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a brownie tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a medium sized sauce pan, on a medium-low heat, place your 141g of unsalted butter and cook the butter until its completely melted and has began to brown (TIP: you’ll know it’s beginning to brown as the butter releases a nutty aroma).
- Once the butter has browned, add it to a large mixing bowl alongside 200g of light brown sugar and 3.5tbsp of honey and using an electric whisk, beat the ingredients together until smooth.
- Now, beat in the egg and yolk.
- Next, using a spatula, fold the plain flour and 1tsp of salt into the wet mixture (TIP: try not to over mix the mixture as it’ll become dense).
- Pour the batter into the brownie tin and sprinkle the 75g of chopped pistachios over the top.
- Place the brownie tin into the oven for around 25-30 minutes until the edges are set and the top is golden.
- Finally, once baked, take the tin out the oven and allow the cookie bars to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Brown Butter, Honey & Pistachio Cookie Bars prepared, baked, cooled and ready for you to enjoy!
Can you see the beautiful glaze the honey gives these cookie bars? Honestly, these three ingredients combined are just yummy. Blooming yummy.
These will defiantly be something I make more of throughout the year, I don’t think my mum will allow me to go to long without making them again. I thought I was obsessed but my mum, she overtakes me haha.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Did you enjoy these ingredients together?
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,