3 more sleeps to go. 3 more sleeps till Santa.
How many of you sang that in your head as you was reading it? I did whilst typing haha.
Well ladies and gents, the time has come… today’s the last instalment of my Christmas bakes for 2021! I’ve honestly had the BEST time creating and bringing these festive treats to life. One of my favourite things about Christmas is baking and the fact I get to share all my creations with you guys is just so special to me. I love it!
Of course we had to end the festive season with a cookie. I mean I’ve made plenty of them this year but one more can’t hurt… right?
I can honestly say that cranberries has become one of my favourite fruits to bake with. It just pairs beautifully with so many different ingredients. As you’ll see by today’s title, today I’ve paired cranberries with orange extract and dark chocolate and DAMN, this concoction of ingredients good together!
Personally, these cookies just scream Christmas to me.
Just picture this: it’s Christmas morning, it’s still dark outside, it’s cold and your all wrapped up in dressing gowns and blankets, you’ve got a nice cup of tea warming your hands and you want the perfect cookie to dunk… Well today’s cookie is THAT cookie. Todays cookie is the perfect Christmas morning dunking cookie. Don’t question me, just try it for yourself. You’ll soon agree haha.
So if my very detailed picture got you wanting to make these yourself, just keep on scrolling;
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
Cooling Time: 1 Hour
Decorating Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 1Hour 42Minutes
Ingredients You Need To Make Shortbread:
- 4oz Of Caster Sugar
- 8oz Of Unsalted Butter
- 12oz Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Orange Extract
- 200g Of Dried Cranberries
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 200g Of Dark Chocolate
How To Make Shortbread:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, beat together the 4oz of caster sugar with the 8oz of unsalted butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in your 2tbsp of orange extract and 200g of dried cranberries.
- Next, slowly add in your 12oz of flour. (TIP: if it resembles breadcrumbs and not a dough, add in a splash of milk and bind it together).
- Once a dough has been formed, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to around a 1cm thickness.
- Using a circle cutter, cut out your shortbreads and place them onto the baking trays.
- Place the shortbread in the oven for around 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once the shortbread are baked, allow to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate Your Shortbread:
- Once your shortbread has completely cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a microwaveable bowl, break up your dark chocolate into pieces and place into the microwave and in 30 second blasts, melt the chocolate until it’s nice and runny.
- Finally, dip half of your shortbread biscuit into the chocolate, making sure half of the biscuit is completely coated.
That’s your Cranberry, Orange & Dark Chocolate Shortbread prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
I can’t quite believe I’ve just shared with you my last Christmas bake for 2021, that’s madness! Don’t worry though, I’ll have one more recipe going live for new year, before New Years (wow, that was a mouthful haha).
My lovely readers, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Wherever you are with whoever your with, I hope you have the best Christmas filled with happiness, laughter, good memories and lots of yummy food.
I really hope you’ve enjoyed my festive bakes for 2021. Ive had a blast creating and sharing them with you all. Do let me know in the comments below wether you made any of my bakes yourself and if you did, what your thoughts were.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,