I didn’t realise that it was plum season in the UK so I thought that I’d take full advantage of that today and buy some juicy plums to bake with.
Plum has quickly become one of my favourite fruits to bake with. It goes to such a beautiful texture when baked, perfect for me as it basically just melts in my mouth. Yum!
When I was thinking what I could make with plums, a crumble came straight to my mind. We absolutely LOVE crumble in this household, it’s one of the best deserts in my opinion.
Then, I came across today’s bake online. A plum crumble cake… how good does that sound? Well, as you would have guessed by now, i trialled it out and it was too good not to share with you guys.
So here I am today sharing with you this Plum Crumble Cake…
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Chill Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
Overall Time: 70 Minutes
Equipment You Need:
- 8inch Loose Bottom Cake Tin
Ingredients You Need For Cake:
- 180g Of Plain Flour
- 80g Of Margarine / Stork
- 80g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1tsp Of Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Of Mixed Spice
- 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 50ml Of Water
Ingredients You Need For Crumble:
- 150g Of Plain Flour
- 100g Of Margarine / Stork
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 3tsp Of Cinnamon
Ingredients You Need For Plums:
- 400g Of Plums
How To Make Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a 8inch loose bottomed baking tin with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 80g of margarine with the 80g of light brown sugar until fluffy.
- Next, using an electric whisk, whisk in the 180g of plain flour, 1/2tsp of baking powder, 1tsp of cinnamon and 1/2tsp of mixed spice to the butter mixture.
- On a low speed, beat in the 1tsp of vanilla extract and 50ml of water until fully combined and smooth.
- Cover over the cake mixture with a tea towel and place into the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
How To Make Crumble:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 150g of plain flour, the 100g of light brown sugar and 3tsp of cinnamon.
- Next, cut the 100g of margarine into cubes and add into the flour mix. Using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles small / medium crumbs.
- Place into the fridge for the rest of the time the cake mixture has to chill.
How To Do The Plums:
- Cut the plums down either side of the pip and continue to do that for each plum.
How To Assemble Crumble Cake:
- Once the cake mixture has done chilling, take both the mixture and crumbs out the fridge.
- Transfer the cake mixture into the lined baking tin and using a spatula, spread the cake mixture out evenly.
- Next, arrange the plums skin side up around the cake mixture in a circular pattern so they cover the cake mixture entirely.
- Sprinkle your crumble over the top of the plums and using a spatula, press the crumb down until firm.
- Place the crumble cake into the oven for around 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer poked in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Finally, once baked, take out the oven and leave in the tin to cool for half hour before transferring onto a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Plum Crumble Cake prepared, chilled, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Oh my days, I’m going to be making this crumble cake with all different autumnal fruits! It is just delicious. I really think you guys will love this one.
Let me know if you end up making this yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were. Aren’t the plums amazing?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
I’ve never tried a crumble cake before but what a great idea! Plum sounds like a great fruit to have in this sort of cake- I love them!
Honestly it’s the best of both worlds, I absolutely love it! Ooo plums are just delicious in this cake, it all works so well together. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks delicious! I’ve never had a crumble cake before but I like both of those things haha. Thanks for sharing this recipe x
Honestly, cake & crumble work perfectly together. I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Omg!!!!!! This plum crumble cake looks yummy! I’m definitely going to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Ooo you’ll have to let me know what you think! I love it. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Plums? I never would have thought to use them in a cake. I usually use berries in summer and apples in the fall. Thanks for the recipe, and for the idea to switch up the fruits.
Plums are such a lovely fruit to bake with. They are honestly delicious in this cake! I’d defiantly recommend to give it a try! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I could dive head first into this crumble cake. The flavours sound amazing and this sounds ideal for a cold Autumn day’s treat!
Omg the flavours are honestly just delicious together! This is such a warming cake for an autumn afternoon/evening. Love it! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Love this! My mum and sister really love plums so I’ll have to try this recipe out for them. Thanks for sharing x
Ooo defiantly give this a go! You’ll have to let me know what they think. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’m use to an apple crumble, where the top is proper crumbly. But the plum crumble seems like a different kettle of fish. It looks lovely, but looks more like a cake than a crumble
Its just the perfect mixture of both crumble and cake. You’ve got the beautiful moist cake bottom with a proper crunchy crumble topping – it’s delicious. I agree, it defiantly looks more like a cake but when eating, I think you can defiantly tell its both. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I absolutely love plums, but have never included them in a cake recipe before. This cake looks super tasty, thank you for sharing this recipe!!x
Ooo plums are the most amazing fruit to bake with, they are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks so delicious, what a treat! Definitely want to add this to my autumn baking list 🙂
You’ll have to let me know what you think if you do make this. I absolutely love it and I think you guys will too! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love plums and in cakes they are even more delicious! I really love crumble so this would be such a perfect combo to try! x
Plums are amazing to bake with, aren’t they? It really is the most perfect combo. It’s just delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love the autumnal look of the cake and I can see you could use a variety of fruit. I’m a big fan of crumble too! Thanks for sharing.
You can 100% use other fruit if plums don’t work for you, that’s what’s so good about this cake! Cake + crumble = deliciousness. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
That looks so good. And you can try different fruits with it. That’s awesome!
100%! That’s what’s so good about this cake, honestly you can use any fruit you like. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yum this sounds sooo good! perfect for the fall season!
This really is just the perfect fall recipe! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’ve never tried plum cake before. This looks delicious! You do a wonderful job at breaking everything down perfectly, I’ll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!
Ah that means the world, thank you so much! This plum desert is honestly delicious. I really think you guys will love this. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Wow this looks delicious! I have not baked with plums before but I do love anything with a crumb! I’d definitely love this plum crumble!
Plums are one of my favourite fruits to bake with, they are just delicious! Crumble is just the best, isn’t it? Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks really good, thanks for sharing!
It really is delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ooo, I’ve not had a plum cake before! This sounds absolutely delicious and looks it too. Thank you for sharing, so easy to follow along.
It’s honestly such an easy recipe and tastes really delicious! I love it. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
So yummy! Want to try that. The recipe also looks easy to make. Thanks for sharing this!
This is such a easy recipe and super yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yummy! I love using plums and peaches at the end of the summer season! This looks amazing to eat made with fresh and ripe stone fruit! Thanks so much for sharing xx
Lynn | https://www.lynnmumbingmejia.com
They are just such a amazing fruit aren’t they, really underrated. Oooo yes, it’s just delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo