Have I gone cobbler mad? Yes, I think so! I just love the fact that as the year goes on, you can change the ingredients to make it seasonal.
Earlier this year, I done a strawberry cobbler which you guys absolutely loved so it only felt right that I do a autumnal cobbler too. Today’s cobbler is spiced pear and let’s just say, I’m absolutely obsessed!
There’s something about spiced pear in the autumn that just hits the spot. it’s the perfect comfort food as the long nights draw in and it just has a way of making you feel all warm inside. Do you agree?
This was one of the first bakes which came to mind when I was planning my autumn bakes and I think you guys are really going to like this one. If you’d like to make it yourself, the recipe is below:
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Pears:
- 3tbsp Of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Pears, Peeled & Chopped
- 150g Of Granulated Sugar
- 30g Of Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Of Cinnamon
Ingredients You Need For Topping:
- 180g Of Plain Flour
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 56g Of Unsalted Butter, Cold & Cut Into Cubes
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp Of Ground Ginger
- 1/4tsp Of Ground AllSpice
- 1/4tsp Of Ground Nutmeg
- 5tbsp Of Semi-Skimmed Milk
How To Make Spiced Pears:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200c / 180c Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a skillet over a medium heat, melt the 3tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Next, add the 4 chopped pears into the skillet alongside the 140g of granulated sugar, 30g of plain flour and 1/2tsp of cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking and stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to bubble.
- Allow the mixture to bubble for around 2-3 minutes and it begins to thicken.
- Remove the pear mixture from the heat and transfer to the baking tin. Set aside.
How To Make Cobbler Topping:
- Firstly, combine together the 180g of plain flour, 100g of light brown sugar, 1tsp of baking powder, 1tsp of ground cinnamon, 1/4tsp of ground ginger and 1/4tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Secondly, add the 56g of unsalted butter. using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next, add 3tbsp of milk and mix into the dough. Then, continue adding the rest of the milk, a small amount at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Once the dough is made, using a tablespoon, dollop the dough over the top of the spiced pears.
- Now, place the cobbler into the oven and cook for around 25-30 minutes, until the topping has browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Finally, take out the oven and serve.
That’s your Spiced Pear Cobbler prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
FYI: as you can see, I used Shallow Oval Serving Dishes ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lovecasa-Porcelain-Shallow-Serving-Handle-Set/dp/B08DT8W4C4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=shallow+oval+serving+dishes&qid=1629914338&sr=8-2 ). This recipe will make 6 of oval serving dishes BUT you can just use a large baking tin if you’d prefer.
This cobbler just screams autumn and I absolutely blooming love it! This is the perfect desert and honestly, I think you guys will LOVE these.
Let me know if you end up making this cobbler yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,