It’s only March and makeup brands this year have been releasing some of the most incredible products which have already taken the “makeup world” by storm. Some of these new releases have actually replaced the “top selling products” worldwide and sold out within minutes of being put online/in-store. It’s madness.
At the beginning of the year I promised myself (and maybe my mum) that I wouldn’t buy anymore makeup due to being incredibly spoilt at Christmas. Yet, me being the crazy makeup obsessed girl I am, would never be able to keep that promise SO I decided to change that promise up a little… Instead of not buying any makeup at all and causing myself deep emotional pain, I would only buy makeup products that have been on my “wish list” for a long period of time – which suits me!
As you can imagine, I just couldn’t bare the thought of not buying makeup as it’s all I tend to watch online or scroll through throughout my days. Therefore, I did stick to my word and only buy some of the makeup products which have been on my “wish list” for a while.
So I thought I’d share with you today the new makeup I’ve found and come to love throughout the last couple of months;
- Huda Beauty Faux Foundation, In Shortbread; This foundation came out (I believe) back in October 2017 and it sold out within a few hours of it going online. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my hands on it that day and it took until January until I could get my hands on one due to it being out of stock. Anyway, now I’ve finally got it – I can tell you my thoughts; this foundation is unbelievably full coverage, it’s not drying which is good as I’ve got dry skin, it’s long lasting and gives a flawless finish! Though, I’ve noticed it does oxidise a little on me but it isn’t horrific so I’m not too bothered and I’ve heard it has brought some people out with blemishes but I haven’t noticed that as of yet on myself so I can’t comment on that thankfully (but I thought I’d warn you). It’s £32 and has a shade range of 30 so it has a shade/tone to suit everyone! I’d recommend this foundation as I’m obsessed.
Link To Foundation: https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/huda-beauty-fauxfilter-foundation.html
- Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer, In C3; This Concealer has taken the makeup world by surprise! Not only is this Concealer £4, but it’s actually been compared to the “number 1 best selling Concealer – Tarte Shape Tape” which is an unbelievable achievement. This Concealer is very full coverage yet it’s actually light weight so it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. It doesn’t cling to dry patches which is great for someone like myself who suffers with terribly dry skin yet wants to cover a scabbed over blemish. C3 is perfect for people with fair skin like myself, it conceals those designer bags without creasing, covers blemishes you want vanished and brightens dull areas!
- Mac Prep & Prime Fix + Spray; Since becoming obsessed makeup, I’ve noticed everyone talks about “Mac Fix+” yet i never brought it until recently. Now i see what I’ve been missing out on. This product literally makes your makeup look flawless when you spritz it onto your face, especially once you’ve applied all your powders, it makes them sink into the skin beautifully. Also, if you pack the eyeshadow you want onto your brush then spritz your brush with fix+ and apply the eyeshadow onto your eye, it will give this metallic look – it’s absolutely gorgeous and really brightens up any eyelook (this also works for highlighter)! You can use this for primer, to hydrate your skin or apply after your makeup’s done to settle any powders into your skin, it’s multi use is just perfect.
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo, In LGHTNG DST FIRE CRYS; Rihanna’s makeup brand has taken over the makeup game, let’s be honest! I’ve been wanting to get something from her brand for a fair amount of time so when I finally did I couldn’t resist getting this killawatt highlighter! Not only is this a beautiful highlighter but it can also be used as a eyeshadow. It’s a lightweight, long lasting, Cream-powder highlighter that’s a buildable formula. It certainly isn’t chunky or glittery which I like and this one in particular is perfect for fairer skin tones!
Link To Killawatt Highlighter: https://www.harveynichols.com/brand/fenty-beauty/644880-killawatt-freestyle-highlighter-duo/p2986067/
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer; I’ve been wanting this primer for a long time now, I’ve seen so many influencers using this and it always makes their skin look absolutely flawless so of course I had to try! This stops any shine, diffuses any pores to help foundation application glide on smoothly and has an instant retouch effect so its perfect for those of us who love a long wearing primer. I’ve become obsessed with using this underneath the Huda Beauty foundation as they work perfectly together.
Link To The Fenty Primer: https://www.harveynichols.com/brand/fenty-beauty/644984-pro-filtr-instant-retouch-primer/p2986083/
- Fenty Beauty MatteMoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick, In Griselda; I saw these lipsticks spiralling the interne, Rihanna created 14 rainbow coloured lipsticks which is every lipstick lovers dream. So as you can imagine, I had to go for one of the most unique colours, it looks brown but actually applies as a burgundy. When applying this lipstick to my lips, the colour is unbelievably intense and flatters my skin tone perfectly (and will flatter every skin tone). It’s long lasting and has a petal-soft matte finish.
Link To MatteMoiselle Lipstick: https://www.harveynichols.com/brand/fenty-beauty/663158-mattemoiselle-plush-matte-lipstick/p3037719/
And that’s it for today’s “new makeup finds”!
I know that the majority of these makeup finds were higher end today but that’s why they were on my “wish list” for a long period of time. Makeup has become like a therapy for me, it’s a huge passion of mine and let’s be honest, I don’t get out much so…
I really hope you liked today’s post and maybe this helped you to decide wether to buy one of these products if they’ve been on your “wish list” for a while. I find reading others opinions first always helps me to decide wether to buy a product or not.
Let me know if you’d like a review on any of these makeup products as I’m always open to ideas from you guys!
Sending you tons of love & hugs as always,