A couple of months ago, I posted on my Instagram a question box asking for your suggestions on what you’d like to see from me and my blog recipe wise. What you’d like me to bake or see more of…
I actually ended up having a few replies which was amazing and one suggestion which came up more than once was to make and share more ‘Eton Mess’ recipes. I instantly felt inspired as let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a good Eton Mess?
This isn’t your typical Eton Mess with strawberries etc, I decided to have a little change round of ingredients and instead used the dreamy combo of raspberries and pistachios – un-bloody-real! Need I say more.
So here I am today, sharing with you this super indulgent Eton Mess which I can honestly say is an absolute fave of mine.
Now, let me be straight with you: this isn’t a desert to sleep on, if your even in the slightest bit interested in this recipe, it’s time for you to get making! I’m obsessed and I think you will be too.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 300ml Of Double Cream
- 50g Of Icing Sugar
- 50g Of Granulated Sugar
- 150g Of Frozen Raspberries
- 50g Of Pistachios, Chopped Small
- 6 Meringue Nests
- 2 Punnets Of Fresh Raspberries
How To Make Eton Mess:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and wash out your 4 glasses, ready to be used.
- Secondly, in a large bowl using an electric whisk, whisk the 300ml of double cream until soft peaks form.
- Next, add 50g of icing sugar into the cream and whisk until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, using a fork, mash the 150g of defrosted raspberries with 50g of granulated sugar until a thick like paste is formed.
- Using a rubber spatula (or any spatula you have), fold the mashed raspberries into the whipped cream.
- Crumble 4 of the meringues into the whipped cream and fold through.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon one tbsp of the whipped cream mixture into the bottom of your 4 glasses.
- On top of the whipped cream in the glasses, place 5-6 fresh raspberries, a sprinkle of pistachios and a sprinkle of crushed meringue.
- Take another tbsp of whipped cream and layer that on top of the fresh raspberries etc.
- Top with the remaining raspberries, pistachios and meringue.
- Finally, place the glasses into the fridge until ready to eat.
That’s your Raspberry & Pistachio Eton Mess’ prepared and ready for you to demolish!
These are little glasses of pure joy! Indulgent, packed full of flavour and just so damn cute.
Are you a Eton Mess fan? It’s honestly the perfect desert to share with loved ones this summertime as not only is it blooming delicious BUT it’s super easy to make also.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this Eton Mess yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Do you prefer a traditional Eton Mess or are you digging this flavour combo?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,