With it being spring right now and summer fast approaching, you know what that means… right? It’s cheesecake season baby!
Just picture this: the sun is shining, the sun loungers are out, the musics playing and the bbq has just finished cooking your food, it all of a sudden hits you that you fancy something sweet to finish off your day – that’s where the cheesecake comes to play! It’s the perfect sweet treat to have, it’s light yet packed full of flavour and will finish off your day beautifully.
Are you in the mood for a cheesecake now?
I don’t think I’ve ever made a cheesecake here on my blog so it’s about time I changed that. We all know by now that I pride myself on my combination of ingredients and todays are a match made in heaven (literally!). Raspberry & white chocolate – oh my days, is anyone else’s mouths salivating right now? Just the thought of it makes my stomach gargle, It’s a dream combo!
What I love about todays cheesecake is how quick and easy it is to make. There’s no baking involved, it’s just making sure it has the perfect amount of chilling time. Due to the no baking, I find this recipe to be fresh, creamy and the flavours really pop. So, no matter your skill set when it comes to baking, you’ll be able to make this and share with your loved ones this spring/summer.
Before I rave on anymore about this cheesecake, shall we just get into making it…
Category: Desert / Sweet Treat
Serves: 12 Slices
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Refrigerating Time: 5-6 Hours Or Over Night
Decorating Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Base:
- 300g Of Digestive Biscuits
- 150g Of Unsalted Butter
Ingredients You Need For Cheesecake:
- 500g Of Full-Fat Cream Cheese
- 300ml Of Double Cream
- 250g Of White Chocolate
- 100g Of Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients You Need For Coulis
- 300g Of Frozen Raspberries, Defrosted
- 100g Of Sugar
- 3tbsp Of Water
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 50g Of White Chocolate
- 150ml Of Double Cream
- 2tbsp Of Icing Sugar
- Sprinkle Of Freeze-Dried Raspberry
How To Make Base:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, using either a food processor or the bottom of a rolling pin, crush your 300g of digestive biscuits into a small crumb.
- Next, add in your 150g of melted butter and mix together.
- Tip the biscuit mixture into a 8inch loose bottomed tin and press down using a spatula until evenly distributed.
How To Make Cheesecake:
- In a microwavable bowl, in 30 second blasts, melt the white chocolate in the microwave. set aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl using an electric whisk, whisk together the 500g of full-fat cream cheese, 100g of icing sugar and 1tsp of vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 300ml of double cream until thick.
- Pour the double cream into the cream cheese mixture and using a spatula mix them carefully together (try not to over mix).
- Once the white chocolate has cooled right down, pour the white chocolate into the double cram mixture and mix together.
- Now, spread your mix over the top of the biscuit base, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place into the fridge.
How To Make Coulis:
- In a microwavable cup, combine 100g of sugar with 3tbsp of water until it becomes a thick paste.
- Place the cup into the microwave and on a high heat, microwave the sugar mixture for 2 minutes.
- When the 2 minutes is up, using a spoon, mix the sugar mixture until the sugar crystals has fully dissolved.
- Now, in a blender, add the 300g of defrosted raspberries and hot sugar syrup and blend together until the mixture is smooth and like a puree.
- Next, pour the puree into a sieve over a medium size bowl and using a spatula, stir and push the puree through the sieve until all the liquid has been extracted.
- Discard the pips.
- Place the puree into the fridge for around 10-15 minutes until it’s cooled down.
- Once cooled, pour the puree over the top of the cheesecake and using a spoon, spread it all over.
- Place back into the fridge (TIP: at this point I left my cheesecake overnight to set).
How To Decorate:
- Once the cheesecake is set, its time to decorate.
- In a microwavable bowl, in 30 second blasts, microwave 50g of white chocolate until melted.
- When the chocolate has melted, place the chocolate into a piping bag, snip off the end of the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake back into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
- Whilst the cheesecake is in the fridge, it’s time to make the topping.
- In a large bowl, whisk 150ml of double cream and 2tbsp of icing sugar until thick and creamy.
- Place a star nozzle into a piping bag and then place the double cream into the piping bag.
- Pipe little blobs of double cream around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Finally, sprinkle over some freeze-dried raspberries. Place the cheesecake back into the fridge until your ready to serve.
That’s your Raspberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake prepared, refrigerated, decorated and ready for you to demolish!
This is the ultimate spring/summer desert! I can just see this being pulled out at a bbq or gathering – I think everyone will be pretty darn happy, that’s a dead cert.
I know I’ve said this already but I just love the combination of white chocolate with raspberries, it’s just heavenly. Are you a fan? It screams summer and gets me ultra excited about the hotter days and fun occasions to come.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this cheesecake yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on it. Are you summer ready?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,