I was searching through the internet for hours looking for some cool new ideas for my Halloween posts this year. I wanted something completely different to anything I’ve done before and that’s when I stumbled across this image on Pinterest.
I mean, how blooming cool are they? You can just imagine my excitement when it came to giving these a go myself.
Now you may be looking at these and thinking ‘they look hard’ well ladies and gents, get that thought straight out your mind. These are SO easy to make, take little to no time to decorate and come out looking amazing. In my humble opinion, these are the perfect bake to do if your hosting/going too some kind of Halloween celebration this year.
Can we just take a moment to imagine people’s reaction when they see these? I’m pretty damn sure they’ll be getting a lot of attention.
I’m just obsessed with these little guys, so I had to share with you my recipe on how to make these! Keep on reading if your intrigued…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Chill Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 1Hr 10Mins
Ingredients You Need:
- 125g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 75g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 300g Of Plain Flour
- 1 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 300g Of Milk Choc Chips
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- Bag Of White Mini Marshmallows
- Red Gel Icing Pen
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 125g of unsalted butter with the 100g of light brown sugar and 75g of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, mix in the 1 beaten egg and the 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Add in your 300g of milk choc chips and fold through.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the 300g of plain flour, 1 1/2tsp of baking powder and 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold through until a dough is formed (TIP: if the dough looks a little crumbly, add a dash of milk to help the dough come together).
- Once your dough is made, wrap it in cling film and place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the cookie dough is in the fridge, preheat your oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- When the 30 minutes is up, take your dough out the fridge and using your hands, take pieces of the dough and roll them into medium size balls. (TIP: I personally didn’t care if the cookies were different sizes but if you want each cookie to be the same size, get your scales and weigh out each ball).
- Once you’ve rolled all your cookie dough balls, place them onto the lined baking trays, I put 6 per tray. (TIP: don’t flatten your cookies as they’ll flatten as they bake).
- Place the baking trays into the oven for around 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, take the cookies out the oven.
- Whilst your cookies are on the baking tray, cut the cookies in half and then allow to harden on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate Cookies:
- Once the cookies have cooled right down, it’s time to decorate.
- Using the red gel icing pen, squeeze a small dot onto the round outer edge of one half of the cookie. Then place a white mini marshmallow onto the gel dot and lightly push the marshmallow into the icing to allow it to stick.
- Repeat the step above until the round outer edge of the cookie is filled with marshmallows.
- Then, using the red gel icing pen, pipe along the outside of the marshmallows and on-top of the marshmallows to give it a ‘blood’ effect.
- Finally, place the second half of the cookie on-top of the marshmallows and that’s your creepy smile complete.
That’s your Creepy Smile Cookies prepared, chilled, baked, decorated and ready to be served.
I’m proper chuffed with how these little fella’s turned out. Aren’t they just the perfect Halloween sweet treat?
Are you doing anything fun to celebrate Halloween this year? I’ll be having a horror movie marathon with my besties this year and I’ll for sure be making these!
Let me know if you end up making these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
What a fun idea! These cookies are perfect for Halloween!
These really are the perfect Halloween sweet treats! Super yummy too. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
They look brilliant, I’ve bookmarked the page so I can make these. My family will love them and no doubt will try and take pics of them in their mouths.
Thank you so much! I think your family will love them, they are so easy to make iswell – perfect for Halloween. Oh I can picture the pictures now! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh my gosh these are so cool and so effectively! The perfect treat for Halloween. I bet kids would love these!
Im proper chuffed with these, I think they are just perfect for the little ones! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Such a clever Halloween recipe that seems pretty easy to make, and they look delicious
These are honestly so easy to make and really delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look so awesome and perfect for Halloween! I think kids would love these! Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Lauren – bournemouthgirl
I can just imagine little ones faces when passed one of these, I really hope they’ll love them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Woohoo!!!!!! These cookies are so cool. But it also makes me feel scary to eat it. Hehehe.
Ahaha, these are honestly delicious! the best teethy snack *wink wink*. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I absolutely love these cookies! They’re perfect for Halloween and sound delicious too! Thanks for sharing Elle!
These are just the best cookies, so so yummy! I can just imagine little ones faces when they see these on Halloween. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are such a brilliant idea and perfect for a Halloween party! They look pretty easy to make and a sure treat x
They really are perfect for Halloween, I bet little kiddies will love these! They are honestly so easy to make, not difficult at all. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
What a fun idea, they look delicious and scary!!
These really are delicious! They are just perfect for Halloween. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Well I first saw these cookie smiles, I thought that they looked amazing, but would be too difficult. But after reading your instructions, I recon I could give these a go. My daughter loved marshmallows so we’ll definitely try these. We’re having a Halloween weekend, where we’ll make crafts and bake 🙂 so these would be perfect.
Honestly, I couldn’t recommend making these enough. They are so easy to make and are just delicious. I bet the little ones will love these! Ah amazing, you’ll have to let me know what you think of these. Have an amazing weekend crafting & baking. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
We will I’ll have to show you the photos 😁
these are so adorable! I am going to make them for my daughter! She will freak out! Great post
These are just perfect for Halloween aren’t they? I hope your daughter enjoys! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oooh I love the look of these – they look absolutely delicious! I don’t usually do anything for Halloween but I might make these with my sister as something lowkey, haha. Thanks for sharing, these look absolutely amazing x
Honestly, these are so easy and fun to make, I really enjoyed putting these together. You’ll have to let me know if you do bake them and if you do, what you thought! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love these!! They look so much fun to make and are perfect for Halloween.
Sarah | http://www.aspoonfulofvanilla.co.uk
I had such an amazing time baking these, honestly super fun and easy to make. They came out so delicious too! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
😍 I am BLOWN away by how amazing these look! The creepy grins are so realistic, I cannot believe they can be so easily made. From the teeth to the blood, it is just the perfect fall treat.
Thanks for sharing!
Ah thank you so much Jaya! Honestly, I couldn’t be happier with the outcome of these. They are so easy to make yet have such an amazing effect to them. The perfect Halloween sweet treat. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
That looks so creative and yummy. Thanks for sharing!
These are honestly the perfect Halloween sweet treat. So easy to make! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ok these are so fun and creative! Bravo!
They are SO much fun to make, really happy with how they came out! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are some very creepylicious teething cookies. The food explora in me will make sure to take a bite first before they get a chance bite me. 😋 😆. The mini marshmallows really do look like real teeth. Very creative Elle.
Ahaha love that. Sneakily take a bite;) they look really cool don’t they? Was proper chuffed with how these turned out. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are fantastic!! I can’t wait too give them a go! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
They are honestly delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These creepy smiles are so perfect for October. I love the blood dripping effect.
The perfect Halloween bake! It’s cool isn’t it? So easy to do iswell. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Those are too much fun and they are PERFECT for spooky season. I would love to make something like this to surprise my nieces and nephews for Halloween. Definitely saving this link!
Ah I think they’d absolutely love these! they are so much fun and SO easy to make. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are brilliant! They look so effective and perfect for a Halloween party!
They have such a cool effect don’t they? I think they’d be the perfect addition to a Halloween food table. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Spooky, what a brilliant idea for the family. Perfect for Halloween 🎃. Thanks for sharing the recipe too
These are so perfect for the family and Halloween. I think the little ones will love them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
What a great idea, and they turned out super cool!
They are so cool aren’t they? Thank you so much for commenting Xo