One thing that really excites me about autumn is being able to bring out the pumpkin spice.
We don’t ever use pumpkin spice in our everyday cooking / baking throughout the rest of the year so I do get very excited knowing that in autumn, I can start to make bakes with pumpkin in.
Pumpkin spice is defiantly up there with one of my favourite spices! To be fair, to make pumpkin spice it’s basically a mix of my favourite spices so that’s probably why I love it so much. It really does add the most amazing flavour to a bake.
But, one thing I’ve been wanting to try for ages but haven’t been able to find, is pumpkin purée. So, after scrolling through the internet for what felt like forever, I finally found pumpkin purée in Whole Foods online (https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/pumpkin-puree-bakeroo-425g.html), I was practically jumping for joy.
I’ve been SO damn excited to cook with both the pumpkin purée and spice that I decided today’s bake is going to contain them both. Because… why not? Pumpkin in sweet treats is just a dream. So let’s get into it:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Refrigerating Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-11 Minutes
Overall Time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 115g Of Unsalted Butter
- 50g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 100g Of Granulated Sugar
- 188g Of Plain Flour
- 86g Of Pumpkin Purée, Blotted
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2tsp Of Pumpkin Spice
- 90g Of Chocolate Chips
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a small bowl, weigh out 86g of pumpkin purée and using a paper towel, blot the moisture out the purée. Once you’ve got as much moisture out the purée as possible, set the purée aside.
- Next, a medium sized bowl, whisk together the 115g of unsalted butter, 50g of light brown sugar and 100g of granulated sugar until no brown sugar lumps remain.
- Now, add in the 1tsp of vanilla extract and the blotted purée into the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 188g of plain flour, 1/2tsp of baking powder and 2tsp of pumpkin spice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a large spoon, mix together the ingredients.
- Mix in the 90g of chocolate chips.
- The dough will be very soft at this point but don’t worry, wrap the bowl that the dough is in, in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Next, remove the dough from the fridge.
- Take smallish pieces of the dough and roll between your hands and place onto the lined baking tray. Continue to do this for each dough ball.
- Using the back of a spoon, slightly flatten the tops of the dough balls.
- Once the baking trays are filled, place the dough balls into the oven for around 10-11 minutes, until the edges appear set (TIP: the centre of the cookies will look very soft, it will harden as it cools down).
- When the cookies are baked, take out the oven and press in the tops of the cookies some extra chocolate chips.
- Finally, allow the cookies to cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies prepared, cooled, baked and ready for you to demolish!
If you’ve never tried pumpkin purée or pumpkin spice before, let today’s post be the nudge you need to try it! Honestly, these cookies are delicious.
Let me know if you get making these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them!
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,
These look and sound delicious. I haven’t tried pumpkin before, but since it’s a key autumnal flavour, I definitely want to try out this recipe x
Ooh going to try making these! Just without the Pumpkin Spice because I’m allergic to cinnamon!
It will honestly taste just as delicious without the pumpkin spice as the purée is really flavourful and delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Omg you have to try pumpkin in sweet bakes, it honestly tastes delicious! It’s defo a autumnal cookie, super yummy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Pumpkin is my mom’s favourite! I always love eating pies and cookies from her. I think I will send her your recipe since I think these cookies must be delicious. I don’t cook a lot myself and I wouldn’t like to destroy them.
Thank you for sharing them with us!
Ah that’s amazing, you’ll have to let me know if she does end up making these and what your thoughts were. Pumpkin in sweet treats is just delicious isn’t it! Ooo I’m sure you wouldn’t destroy them haha. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’ve never tried cookies with pumpkin spice in so this sounds really interesting! Great recipe xx
Oh my days it’s honestly delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Fab recipe! I love a good cookie but I’ve never tried one with pumpkin before but they sound absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing, I might have to try these out x
You can’t beat cookies can you? Ooo you have to try with pumpkin, it’s really flavourful and delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I have never had pumpkin cookies but, with pumpkin puree and spice, these look delicious! With butterscotch or chocolate chips too, I think they make the perfect fall treat.
Thanks for sharing!
These are honestly delicious! It’s the perfect autumnal sweet treat. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
The use of pumpkin is so unique. It’s pumpkin season. Can’t wait to try these delicious sweet treat.
It’s honestly delicious! I love pumpkin season, it’s my favourite time of year. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Sounds like a fantastic Fall recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Honestly, It’s the perfect autumn recipe! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh my gosh! I am so making this on my next day off! Pumpkin spice and chocolate chip, sounds so good. Thanks for sharing.
Oooo you’ll have to let me know what you think of them. Pumpkin & chocolate is an amazing combo! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh wow I’ve never actually heard pumpkin in a cookie recipe before. I’ll admit, I’m not a HUGE fan of pumpkin but I think with chocolate in, I would definitely still love to try these!
Honestly, the pumpkin is really flavourful and works beautifully alongside the chocolate chips. These are autumn in a cookie. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These looks so yummy. I haven’t tried pumpkins cookies before. It will be interesting to try for the first time. thank you for sharing!
They are honestly amazing! It’s such a flavourful cookie, super yummy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yummy! I’m going to check if we sell pumpkin puree here in Australia when we’re at the shops tomorrow as I’d love to be able to try these. I promised my daughter than I’d do some Halloween bakes with her next month too, so fingers crossed I can find some 🙂
Ooo you’ll have to let me know how you get on and if you do try, what do you think! I’ve got a few Halloween posts going up in October so hopefully you’ll be able to make them if you like the sound of them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Awesome I’ll have to keep a look out 🙂 I will my little one loves baking so it’s a great activity to do when she’s not a day care.
These will be perfect for Thanksgiving — I was trying to find some kind of pumpkin sweet treat for an alternative to pie so these will work great. Thanks for the inspiration!
Omg yes!!! You’ll have to let me know if you bake them and if you do, what you thought. I absolutely love this sweet treat with pumpkin. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These pumpkin cookies look delicious Elle! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
I must admit, they are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
OMG how lovely are these cookies!! Seriously, looks amazing! I have a similar recipe coming up next week too! Pumpkin in baked treats are absolutely phenomenal! Thanks for sharing, Elle x
Lynn | https://www.lynnmumbingmejia.com
Oh pumpkin sweet treats are just delicious aren’t they? I’m obsessed with baking with pumpkin at the moment. Ooo I’ll be checking your recipe out ASAP! Thank you so much for commenting Xo