One thing you’ll know about me if you’ve been following me for a while is that cinnamon is my all time favourite spice. BUT, have I ever shared with you my love for apple cake?
Apple cake is a nostalgic cake for me. I remember walking in the front door from school and being hit with the most beautiful smell of freshly baked apple cake. Ugh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
So, when I saw that a Apple fritter cake contained both apple and cinnamon throughout, you can bet your life I was going to be making that ASAP!
Is this or is this not the most perfect autumn bake? like seriously, it couldn’t get better than this! Fresh apples, coated in cinnamon which is sandwiched between two layers of fresh cake and topped with cinnamon sugar – need I say more. I think the description does all the talking… don’t you?
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Overall Time: 1.5 Hours
Equipment You Need:
- Loaf Tin
Ingredients You Need For Cake:
- 8oz Of Caster Sugar
- 8oz Of Butter / Stork
- 4 Large Eggs
- 8oz Of Self-Raising Flour
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients You Need For Cinnamon Sugar:
- 2tbsp Of Granulated Sugar
- 2tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
Ingredients You Need For The Apples:
- 2 Large Bramley Apples
- 2tsp Of Cinnamon
- 3tsp Of Granulated Sugar
How To Make The Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line your loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 8oz of caster sugar with the 8oz of butter until light and fluffy.
- Next, mix in your 4 beaten eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now fold in the 8oz of flour until combined.
- Set aside.
How To Make Apples:
- Core and peel both your large bramley apples.
- Cut the apples into small pieces.
- Next, in a medium size bowl, add the chopped apples, 2tsp of cinnamon and 3tsp of granulated sugar.
- Toss the ingredients together until the apples are coated in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Set aside.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar:
- In a small bowl, combine the 2tbsp of granulated sugar with the 2tsp of cinnamon.
How To Assemble Cake:
- Add half the cake batter into the bottom of the loaf tin.
- Then, add half the apples on-top, making sure you cover the cake batter.
- Next, sprinkle over some of the cinnamon sugar.
- Now, repeat the steps above, adding the second layer of cake batter, apples then cinnamon sugar.
- Place the cake into the oven for around 1 hour, making sure you keep checking the cake so it doesn’t burn (TIP: if the top of the cake looks like it’s burning, place some oven safe tin foil over the top to stop it from catching). Place a skewer into the centre of the cake, if it comes out clean, your cake is baked.
- Once baked, take out the oven and leave in loaf tin for around 30 minutes until cooled right down, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Apple Fritter Cake prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
I always knew I was going to love this cake as it combines two of my favourite things but DAMN, i didn’t realise it was going to be this good!
Just picture this: it’s a dark evening, the rain is pouring, the heating is on and the cozy blankets are out. Your wanting something warm and comforting to eat. So you make this cake and serve it with warm custard and cream… ugh, it’s just delicious.
Let me know if you end up making this cake yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on it.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,
The cake looks absolutely delicious. Anything that has apple and cinnamon in it has my vote, and this one looks a must-try. Thanks for sharing. xx
Ooo me too! Apple & cinnamon are a winning combo aren’t they? This is honestly super moist and yum. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ooo, now this sounds and looks absolutely delicious! I just want to reach through the screen and grab a piece. Love how easy you’ve made this to follow along. Must have a go at this.
I honestly wish I could send you all a piece, it really was yummy! Ah thank you so much that means the world. I try my hardest to make my recipes easy to follow but I’m never 100% sure they are so hearing that has made my day. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Love this! This looks like such an amazing autumn bake, I’ll have to try it out. I really do love apples! Thanks for sharing x
this is autumn in a cake! It’s really delicious. I love anything with apple in too, it’s one of my favourite fruits. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’ve never had anything like this before but I love apples so I bet the smell of this coming out of the oven is just… Autumn vibes all around!
Oh my god the smell was unbelievable! Honestly, it smelt like autumn and I just loved it. This is a really lovely cake to make, honestly it’s delish! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks so yummy, thank you for sharing this recipe I can’t wait to try this!!
It really is so so yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks amazing! I’ve got some apples that need to get used up and now I know what to do with them. Thanks for another yummy recipe Elle!!
Oooo yes!!!! This is the perfect cake to make. You’ll have to let me know what you think of this cake. Did you enjoy it? Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh wow!!!!!!! This looks awesome! I definitely going to try this! Thank you for sharing.
It’s honestly delicious! Let me know if you do end up making it, I’d love to know your thoughts. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks incredible, my mouth is watering looking at your photos! Thanks for sharing this just in time for fall when I’ve always got an excess of apples!
Ah thank you so much, the photos make my mouth water every time I see them too haha. This is the perfect cake to make if you’ve got any apples lying around not being used, it’s so simple to make and yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo