One thing you’ll know about me if you’ve been following me for a while is that cinnamon is my all time favourite spice. BUT, have I ever shared with you my love for apple cake?
Apple cake is a nostalgic cake for me. I remember walking in the front door from school and being hit with the most beautiful smell of freshly baked apple cake. Ugh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
So, when I saw that a Apple fritter cake contained both apple and cinnamon throughout, you can bet your life I was going to be making that ASAP!
Is this or is this not the most perfect autumn bake? like seriously, it couldn’t get better than this! Fresh apples, coated in cinnamon which is sandwiched between two layers of fresh cake and topped with cinnamon sugar – need I say more. I think the description does all the talking… don’t you?
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Overall Time: 1.5 Hours
Equipment You Need:
- Loaf Tin
Ingredients You Need For Cake:
- 8oz Of Caster Sugar
- 8oz Of Butter / Stork
- 4 Large Eggs
- 8oz Of Self-Raising Flour
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients You Need For Cinnamon Sugar:
- 2tbsp Of Granulated Sugar
- 2tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
Ingredients You Need For The Apples:
- 2 Large Bramley Apples
- 2tsp Of Cinnamon
- 3tsp Of Granulated Sugar
How To Make The Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line your loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 8oz of caster sugar with the 8oz of butter until light and fluffy.
- Next, mix in your 4 beaten eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now fold in the 8oz of flour until combined.
- Set aside.
How To Make Apples:
- Core and peel both your large bramley apples.
- Cut the apples into small pieces.
- Next, in a medium size bowl, add the chopped apples, 2tsp of cinnamon and 3tsp of granulated sugar.
- Toss the ingredients together until the apples are coated in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Set aside.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar:
- In a small bowl, combine the 2tbsp of granulated sugar with the 2tsp of cinnamon.
How To Assemble Cake:
- Add half the cake batter into the bottom of the loaf tin.
- Then, add half the apples on-top, making sure you cover the cake batter.
- Next, sprinkle over some of the cinnamon sugar.
- Now, repeat the steps above, adding the second layer of cake batter, apples then cinnamon sugar.
- Place the cake into the oven for around 1 hour, making sure you keep checking the cake so it doesn’t burn (TIP: if the top of the cake looks like it’s burning, place some oven safe tin foil over the top to stop it from catching). Place a skewer into the centre of the cake, if it comes out clean, your cake is baked.
- Once baked, take out the oven and leave in loaf tin for around 30 minutes until cooled right down, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Apple Fritter Cake prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
I always knew I was going to love this cake as it combines two of my favourite things but DAMN, i didn’t realise it was going to be this good!
Just picture this: it’s a dark evening, the rain is pouring, the heating is on and the cozy blankets are out. Your wanting something warm and comforting to eat. So you make this cake and serve it with warm custard and cream… ugh, it’s just delicious.
Let me know if you end up making this cake yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on it.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,