I need you to answer me this question in the comments below; have you ever heard of a Snickerdoodle cookie?
Baring in mind I’ve basically become the Cookie Monster, until recently, I had never heard of a Snickerdoodle cookie.
I was scrolling through Pinterest looking for autumn baking inspiration when recipes for Snickerdoodle cookies kept appearing. I’d say about 90% of my feed was filled with them so as you can imagine, I took interest and felt like I needed to try them ASAP!
I absolutely love the sound of these cookies and feel like they will fit in perfectly with my autumn bakes. These cookies are rolled in a cinnamon sugar coating and if you know me, you’ll know my love for anything with cinnamon in/on.
I can’t quite believe how quick & easy these are to make – there’s no refrigerating time, they take little to no time to prepare and are cooked pretty quickly. Is that not the sound of a perfect cookie? So, if you’d like to make these yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Serves: 10 Large Or 18 Smaller
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes
Overall Time: 22-25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cookies:
- 170g Of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 200g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 248g Of Plain Flour
- 5g Of Cream Of Tartar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients You Need For Coating:
- 50g Of Granulated Sugar
- 2tsp Of Cinnamon
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream the 170g unsalted butter with the 200g of granulated sugar until fluffy and light in colour.
- Next, mix in the 1 large egg and 1tsp of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Now, mix in the dry ingredients (1tsp of baking powder, 5G of cream of tartar & 248g of plain flour) until a cookie dough forms.
- In a small separate bowl, stir together the 50g of granulated sugar with 2tsp of cinnamon for coating.
- Using your hands, take a piece of the cookie dough and roll into a ball between the palm of your hands.
- Roll the cookie dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated.
- Once they’ve been fully coated, place onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. You’ll know they’re cooked when the tops have cracked and they loose they’re glossy sheen.
- Finally, when the cookies have baked, take out the oven and leave on the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Snickerdoodle Cookies prepared, coated, baked and cooled, ready for you to enjoy!
These are the softest cookies I’ve ever eaten, they literally melt away in your mouth. They’ve got the most delicious cinnamon coating which isn’t too overpowering! Yum… just YUM.
As you know, cookies are one of my favourite things to bake and these are defiantly some of the best I’ve made. I’d highly recommend trying.
Let me know in the comments if you end up making these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,