Well guys, my favourite season is creeping up on us… can you guess what it is? actually, I think I state it enough in my blogposts for you to most likely already know… Autumn baby!
So, I know autumn doesn’t officially start until the 22nd but I was far too excited not to start posting my autumn bakes. So, here we are people. Say hello to 2021’s autumnal bakes! Get ready for months of spiced goodness. Boy am I excited.
I have SO many bakes that I can’t wait to share with you guys. It took me blooming ages to choose what to start with but I found the perfect bake… today I’m sharing with you this Toffee & Apple Cake. Sounds good, right?
I just loved the simplicity of this bake. It’s quick to prepare, it’s easy to make and is absolutely delicious – basically the perfect bake to ease you into my autumnal content.
So if you’d like to get making this yourself, the recipe is below;
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Cooling Time: 1 Hour
Decoration Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 2 Hour 10 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cake:
- 125g Of Butter / Stork
- 225g Of Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 225g Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2 Large Cooking Apples, Peeled, Cored & Diced
- 100g Of Plain Soft Toffees
Ingredients You Need For Topping:
- 100g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Icing Sugar
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- Toffee Flavoured Desert Sauce
How To Make Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 160C / 140C Fan / Gas Mark 3.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 125g of butter with the 225g of dark muscovado sugar.
- Next, add in the 2 beaten eggs and mix together.
- Add in the 225g of plain flour with the 2tsp of baking powder and mix until fully combined.
- Now, fold your diced apples and chopped toffees into the mixture.
- Pour the completed mixture into your lined baking tray and spread evenly.
- Place your mixture into the oven for around 45 minutes or until a risen, dark golden and skewer placed into the centre comes out clean (TIP: it may be a little moist from the apples but as long as it’s relatively clean, it’s okay to remove).
- Once your cake has baked, allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate Cake:
- In a large bowl, beat together the 100g of unsalted butter with the 200g of icing sugar and 2tsp of vanilla extract until smooth (TIP: if you find the buttercream too loose, add more icing sugar. If you find the buttercream too thick, add a dash of milk).
- Using a palette knife or a spatula, spread the buttercream over the top of the cooled cake, making sure it’s quite a thick layer.
- Finally, add your toffee sauce into a piping bag, snip off the tip and drizzle the toffee over the top of the buttercream.
That’s your Toffee Apple Cake prepared, baked, cooled, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Oh guys, I really think your going to love this! It really does give that warm feeling and is perfect as the long, dark nights are drawing in. It’s a real homely bake!
I’m SO damn excited for you to see the autumn bakes I’ve got planned. Saddle up as we are heading into autumn full steam ahead from here on out…
Let me know if you make this yourself and what your thoughts are!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,