There are perks to living by the sea and that is the delicious icecream stores we’ve got down here in Brighton; Boho Gelato, Gelato Gusto, Brighton Ice Cream Parlour, JoJo’s Gelato, Brass Monkey Ice Cream and the list continues on. When the sun is shining, these icecream stores are heaving with customers.
That being said, sometimes I just fancy eating an icecream from the comfort of my own home. I’m not talking Magnums or Ben & Jerry’s type of icecreams (which are amazing), I’m talking proper icecream you buy from a gelato.
So, I went on the search, trailing through the internet for an easy, no-churn icecream and I finally found one which I had to try!
This recipe is from the BBC Good Foods page and when I saw it literally had 3 ingredients, I knew I couldn’t mess this one up (I won’t even go into the 7… YES 7 different icecreams I’ve tried to make over the past couple of months which have gone tits up haha).
Well as you’ll have gathered, I didn’t mess this up and boy, did it turn out delicious. Therefore, I had to share this recipe with you today! Enjoy…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Freeze Time: 12 Hours
Overall Time: 12Hr 10Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 1/2 A Can Of 397g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 600ml Of Double Cream
- 2tbsp Of Vanilla Extract
How To Make Icecream:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, with an electric whisk, whisk together 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk, 600ml of double cream and 2tbsp of vanilla extract until thick and stiff (TIP: it should be like clotted cream).
- Once you’ve got your Icecream mix, pour into a freezer container (TIP: I wouldn’t use a metal loaf tin or any metal container in general as it is very difficult to scope the Icecream out of).
- Finally, place in the freezer overnight, roughly around 12 hours to allow it time to freeze properly.
That’s your Vanilla Icecream whisked and frozen, ready for you to enjoy!
Can you believe how easy this recipe is? Like, all you need is a whisk (wether that’s electric or by hand, it will just take longer by hand) and you’ve got the creamiest vanilla icecream.
This is proper gelato style icecream! This is just as good as the vanilla icecream you’d buy from a store – I can promise you that.
Let me know if you end up making this yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on it!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,