Was anyone else the fussiest eater when they were a child? Because I certainly was. I swear at one point during my childhood, all I would eat was chicken nuggets. I absolutely loved them and I won’t lie, I still love them now as a 22 year old.
So, when I was scrolling through Instagram and saw Pinch Of Nom had a new nugget recipe out, you can bet your life this girl was going to give them a go! The inner child in me took over and the nuggets sounded far to good to pass on.
That being said, these are totally different to the ones that I had when I was a child. These are Mexican style nuggets… sounds good right?
I followed Pinch Of Nom’s recipe but I decided to change the seasonings to make the nuggets my own and DAMN, did these nuggets hit the spot.
So if your looking to spice up your dinner with some homemade Mexican nuggets, then the recipe is below:
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 70g Of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 4tbsp Of Lighter Than Light Mayonnaise
- 2tsp Of Mild Chilli Seasoning
- 2tsp Of Paprika Seasoning
- 2tsp Of Onion Granules
- 2tsp Of Peri Peri Seasoning
- 2tsp Of Garlic Granules
How To Make The Nuggets:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, cut your four chicken breasts into 3-4cm pieces.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together the 4tbsp of mayonnaise, 2tsp of mild chilli seasoning, 2tsp of paprika seasoning, 2tsp of peri peri seasoning, 2tsp of onion granules and 2tsp of garlic granules, until combined (TIP: it should look like a thick paste).
- Add your chicken pieces into the large bowl and coat the chicken in the mayonnaise mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the 70g of panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each of the chicken pieces into the breadcrumbs and roll until the chicken is fully coated in breadcrumbs.
- Once the chicken is coated, transfer to your baking tray.
- When the tray is full, spray the chicken with low calorie cooking spray and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, making sure you turn the chicken over half way through.
- Finally, once cooked, leave to cool slightly before eating.
That’s your Mexican Chicken Nuggets prepared, coated, cooked and ready to be demolished!
How easy are these to make? They literally take no longer than 20 minutes to prepare and the outcome is absolutely delicious! Who needs Sainsbury’s frozen pack of nuggets when you can make your own? I’ll for sure be making these regularly now.
I feel like you guys are going to LOVE these and I don’t blame you.
If you do end up making these yourself, let me know your thoughts! Do they beat your frozen chicken nuggets?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,