Wow, it’s been a hot minute since I shared an over indulgent, gooey blondie!
I must apologies for that. I know a lot of you who read / follow my blog LOVE a good blondie recipe so I’m back today with what I think, is my favourite blondie yet!
Im not actually the biggest fan of nuts, to me, they just get stuck in your teeth and throat for a long period of time and it’s just a texture I don’t enjoy. That being said, they are a favourite of my mums so when I saw someone post something similar to this online, I just had to give it a go myself.
What a combination of goodness this blondie is! Gooey white chocolate with both chopped and roasted hazelnuts… I must admit that I don’t particularly like nuts but i did think that this combo sounded too good not to make. I think you guys will love these too.
Of course, if your allergic to nuts of any kind, you can substitute them for something different. A lot of ingredients go amazing with white chocolate (eg. raspberries, strawberries).
So if you’d like to make these Blondies yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25–30 Minutes
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 50-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Blondies:
- 180g Of Unsalted Butter, Diced
- 180g Of Golden Caster Sugar
- 180g Of Light Muscovado Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 140g Of Plain Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Paste
- 200g Of Hazelnuts, Chopped
- 200g Of White Chocolate Chips
Ingredients You Need For Topping:
- 1 Bar Of White Chocolate
- 20g Of Roasted Hazelnuts
How To Make Blondies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, place 140g of plain flour and 1tsp of baking powder and set aside.
- Next, place the 180g of butter into the microwave and in 20 second blasts, blast the butter until melted.
- Stir the 180g of golden caster sugar and 180g of light muscovado sugar into the butter.
- Add in the 3 beaten eggs slowly and the vanilla paste.
- Once mixed, fold in the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Then, fold in the 200g of white chocolate chips and 200g of chopped hazelnut until evenly distributed.
- Pour your Blondie mixture into your prepared baking tin and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wirerack to cool further.
How To Decorate:
- When the Blondies have cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a microwaveable bowl, place the broken up bar of white chocolate and in 30 second blasts, melt the chocolate until runny.
- Once the chocolate has melted, place the chocolate into a piping bag.
- Snip the end of the piping bag off and drizzled the chocolate over the Blondies.
- Finally, once you’ve finished drizzling your chocolate, sprinkle over some roasted hazelnuts.
That’s your White Chocolate & Hazelnut Blondies prepared, baked, cooled, decorated and ready for you to devour.
How good do these look? Is your mouth salivating? Because mine blooming is.
I’m just obsessed with these Blondies. White chocolate & hazelnuts is a dream combo… never thought I’d say that!
Let me know if you end up making these Blondies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Will this become your favourite blondie?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,