Something I haven’t made on the blog recently is doughnuts, so I thought it was time to change that.
If your from Brighton, you’ll love a good doughnut. We have some amazing doughnut places down here: the pier doughnuts, Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Dum Dum Donutterie, Glazed – just to name a few. So it only feels right, as a Brightonian that I give making the perfect doughnut a go myself.
I was scrolling through Pinterest when I came across a recipe for low calorie doughnuts. Now I won’t lie, I didn’t think they’d be much cop flavour wise but I thought I’d give them a go myself, seen as I want to make and share more low calorie options with you guys. Well let’s just say, DAMN was I wrong about these.
See, this is why you should never judge a book by its cover… these doughnuts were a chocolate dream and quite honestly, you wouldn’t believe these are low calorie. They taste just as good as a doughnut you’d buy (without bigging myself up to much haha).
So here I am, today, sharing this recipe with you:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Decorating Time: 5 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 136g Of All-Purpose Flour
- 100g Of Sugar
- 35g Of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 61g Of Skimmed Milk
- 60g Of Vegetable Oil
- 6tbsp Of No-Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- Bar Of White Chocolate
How To Make Chocolate Doughnuts:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, grease your doughnut tin and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a medium sized bowl, combine the 136g of all-purpose flour, 35g of cocoa powder, 100g of sugar and 1/2tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- In a large bowl, mix together the 61g of skimmed milk, 60g of vegetable oil, 6tbsp of no-fat Greek yoghurt, 1 egg and 1tsp of vanilla extract until well combined.
- Next, mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined (TIP: don’t over mix as the doughnut will become dense).
- Spoon the mixture into your doughnut tin (TIP: I’d roughly fill 3/4 of the way as the doughnuts do expand).
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once baked take out the oven and transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack to cool.
- When the doughnuts have cooled, melt your bar of white chocolate in the microwave (TIP: I do 20 second blasts to make sure I don’t burn it).
- Finally, place the melted white chocolate into a piping bag, snip the tip of the piping bag off and drizzle the chocolate over the doughnuts.
That’s your Chocolate Doughnuts prepared, baked, decorated and ready to be eaten!
Boy, do I love a good doughnut!
Today’s doughnuts shocked me. I’m so happy I gave them a chance because they really are a delicious doughnut! Plus, you can have a couple of these without the guilt… bonus right?
Let me know if you end up making these doughnuts yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Do you agree that they are a chocolate dream?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,