In September last year I uploaded my recipe for Peach Cobbler which went down an absolute treat with you all!
Whereas my peach cobbler gave me the autumn/winter vibes due to it having a fair amount of ginger spice in it, today’s cobbler is defiantly more summery and vibrant which is why I’m sharing it with you today.
I just love the fact a cobbler is so versatile. You can change the fruits or the topping to make it your own. Today not only did I change the fruit from my last cobbler, but I gave a different topping a go also, and damn, did this taste good!
So if you’d like to make today’s cobbler yourself, keep on scrolling as the recipe is below;
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
Overall Time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 400g Of Rhubarb
- 400g Of Strawberries
- 2tsp Of Cornflour
- 10tbsp Of Caster Sugar
- 1 Orange Juice / Finely Grated Zest
- 225g Of Self-Raising Flour, Plus Extra For Dusting
- 50g Of Unsalted Butter
- 120ml Of Skimmed Milk
- 1tbsp Of Runny Honey
How To Make Cobbler:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a medium baking dish, add the 400g of rhubarb and 400g of strawberries.
- Next, toss the fruit with the fruit with the 2tsp of cornflour, 10tbsp of caster sugar and juice of the orange.
- In a large bowl, add the 225g of self-raising flour, finely grated zest of the orange and 3tbsp of caster sugar.
- Add the 50g of unsalted butter, using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the milk, mix in the milk with a round-bladed table knife to form a wet, sticky dough.
- Lightly flour the work surface, tip out the dough and lightly knead the dough until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to a 2.5 thickness.
- Making sure you flour your cutter, cut out the dough, gently re-rolling out the dough until the dough is used up.
- Arrange the cut out dough over the top of the fruit in the baking dish.
- Brush the top of the dough with milk then place into the oven for around 25-30 minutes until the dough has turned a deep golden colour and the fruit is jammy and sticky.
- Finally, once baked, dilute some honey in warm water and brush over the top of the cooked dough.
That’s your Strawberry & Rhubarb Cobbler prepared, cooked and ready for you to enjoy!
I am extremely excited to share this with you as I know a lot of people loved my peach cobbler and I must admit, I actually think today’s cobbler is my favourite!
If you love strawberries, you’ll absolutely demolish today’s dish. It’s a real jammy texture once baked and with a bit of custard… YUM. Just yum.
Let me know if you make today’s cobbler yourself and if you do, let me know what you think!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,