I was scrolling through Pinterest when I came across a recipe for these bite-sized cheese burgers! I’ve changed the recipe a little from the original I found just to make it my own (as I always do) and honestly, I’m stocked with the outcome!
Now, I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say bite-sized food is the best! Not only is it ultra-cute to look at but it also reminds me of eating in a really posh restaurant as their food is always ridiculously small haha.
What makes bite-sized food the best you ask? well you can eat as much as you blooming like of them as it’s only small (one mouthful is never enough, am I right or am I right?) AND one bite of these is only 48 calories! crazy, right?
Not only are these perfect for dinner time, but they are perfect for a little snack on the go. So if your feeling peckish between meals but don’t want to commit to eating early, you can have one of these to tie you over. Perfect!
Honestly, these are the tastiest bite-sizes burgers which I truly think you’ll all love. The recipe is below:
Category: Dinner / Snack
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 1lb Of Mince
- 4 Whole Egg-Whites
- 56g Of Grated Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 56g Of Parmesan Cheese
- 56g Of Breadcrumbs
- 2tsp Of Mustard Powder
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
How To Make Burger Bites:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, spray a 12 hole muffin tin and a 6 hole muffin tin with low calorie cooking spray and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, place your mince into a pan, over a medium-high heat and cook until browned. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Whilst your mince is cooling, in a large bowl add the 4 whole egg whites, 56g of cheddar cheese, 56g of Parmesan cheese, 56g of breadcrumbs and 2tsp of mustard powder.
- Now that your mince has cooled (TIP: it doesn’t need to be cold, just cooled briefly), add the mince to the large bowl and mix together until even.
- Spoon the mince mixture into the muffin tin and press the mixture down.
- Place the tins into the oven for around 23-25 minutes until the top of the burger bite is golden brown.
That’s your Low Calorie Cheese Burger Bites prepared, cooked and ready for you to eat!
How good do these look? believe me when I say they taste as good as they look!
What I love about these is that you can add anything you like to them to make them your own. I kept mine pretty simple but you can literally add anything (in the original recipe they added ketchup, mustard & dills to theirs). To my next ones I might add some diced onion and some different seasonings!
Let me know if you make these yourself and what you think of them. Always love hearing your thoughts.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,