You guys will know by now that I absolutely love recreating bakes which are nostalgic to me. It’s almost like a series I’m doing here on my blog!
Today’s bake brings back such lovely memories of when I was a child. Every year without fail my mum would make a fruit flan and I just remember the excitement when coming home from school and eating a slice.
Well for a few years now my mum hasn’t made a fruit flan so I thought it was my time to re-create and bring it back into our lives!
Although, my fruit flan is slightly different to my mums, I actually added a filling to my flan to give it my own touch and boy, am I obsessed with how this came out.
I feel there’s no better time than now, as we are heading into summer, to bring out the summer fruits and create the perfect summery desert!
If you’d like to create this yourself, the recipe is below:
Overall Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Flan:
- 1 Sponge Flan Case
- Pun Of Strawberries
- Pun Of Blueberries
- Tin Of Peach Slices
Ingredients You Need For Filling:
- 227g Of Cream Cheese
- 67g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1tbsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients For Gelatine:
- 100ml Of Fruit Syrup (you can use the syrup from the peaches)
- 100ml Of Cold Water
- 1oz Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Sachet Of Strawberry Flavoured Quick Gel
How To Make Filling:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment and take your sponge flan case out the packaging and place on a plate.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 227g of cream cheese, 67g of granulated sugar and 1tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Once creamed together, spread the cream mixture onto the base of the flan case until covered.
Assembling The Flan:
- Now it’s time to assemble your fruit!
- Slice the strawberries and place them, tip up around the edge of the flan. Then do a second layer of strawberries around the flan case in-between the first layer of strawberries.
- Then, drain the syrup of the peach slices into a jug and set aside. Using the peach slices, place them around the strawberries.
- Finally, place the blueberries into the middle of the flan.
Making The Gelatine:
- In a small pan over a medium heat, add the 100ml of fruit syrup, 100ml of cold water, 1oz of granulated and sachet of strawberry syrup.
- Whilst stirring continuously, bring the mixture to the boil and boil for around 1 minute.
- Once boiled for 1 minute, take off the heat and leave for around 10 minutes, making sure you give it a little stir every minute or so.
- (TIP: if you find it’s thickening before the 10 minutes is up, then do this next step earlier).
- Finally, using a brush, brush the gelatine onto the fruit slices.
That’s your Fruit Flan prepared, assembled and ready for you to enjoy!
You guys have got to try this! Honestly, it’s the perfect summery desert which I can guarantee everyone will love.
One amazing thing about this flan is that it’s so versatile, you can add any fruit you want, add a different base/filling and just make it your own! You can literally add anything you like to it.
Let me know if you make this yourself and what you think!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,