Now we all know the big debate about wether the famous Jaffa Cake is a biscuit or a cake… Well I think today’s bake is going to cause quite the debate also.
Today’s bake are titled cookies but honestly, my family thought they were more like cakes. I would defiantly say they’ve got a cake like texture when you open them up and they puffed up in the cooker like a perfetta roll BUT who knows what these really are… I’ll leave it up to you to decide!
These are the perfect little snack! If your hungry but you aren’t sure on what you want, having a box of these hanging around is a must. You can guarantee these little guys will satisfy. They are only 27 calories each which I think is amazing considering they taste like a Terry’s Chocolate Orange!
So if you’d like to get making these yourself, the recipe is below;
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 200g Of Plain Flour
- 56g Of Flora Light
- 6tbsp Of Granulated Sweetener
- 1 Large Egg
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 2tsp Of Orange Extract
- 50g Of Chocolate Chips
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 200g of plain flour and 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Next, add in the 56g of flora light and using your hands, rub the flora light into the flour mixture until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Once it’s all rubbed in, add the 2tsp of orange extract, 6tbsp of sweetener, 25g of chocolate chips and mix.
- Add in the one egg and mix, it should start turning into a dough (TIP: if it doesn’t come together with just the egg, add a couple of teaspoons of semi-skimmed milk, that should help it form into dough).
- Now that the dough has come together, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to 5mm thickness. Using a small circle cutter, cut the cookies out.
- Place the cookies onto the baking trays.
- Put the cookies into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Finally, melt the remaining chocolate chips (25g) in the microwave and once the biscuits are cooled, drizzle the chocolate over the cookies.
That’s your Chocolate Orange Cookies prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Wether these are a cookie or cake, these will become a firm favourite of yours for a low calorie sweet treat!
Let me know if you get baking these yourself and what your thoughts are on them… did they cause a debate?
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,