As I was reading through my Pinch Of Nom books, looking for some inspiration, one of the first things to jump out at me where these pizza stuffed chicken breasts.
Now you’ll all have gathered by now that I’m pizza obsessed. Anything that’s to do with pizza you’ll have seen me try and test. Not all meet my high standards but the vast majority of things do, haha.
Anyway, when I saw these pizza stuffed chicken breasts, you can bet your life I was going to make them ASAP! I can honestly say that I’d never thought of making these myself before, it was something different to the usual pizza recipes I see which is what drew me to this recipe today.
Like always, I used the book as inspiration and have changed a couple of the ingredients out for my own. Still keeping it relatively low calorie of course!
Right… I’m not going to ramble on, right now I’m going to let the pictures below do the talking. I don’t think you’ll need much persuasion to make them *wink wink*!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 4 Chicken Breast, Skin & Visible Fat Removed
- 4 Bacon Medallions, Each Cut Into 4 Strips
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Packet Of Halloumi, Cut Into 16 Strips
- 80g Of Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 1tsp Of Italian Herbs
How To Make:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 220C / 200C Fan / Gas Mark 7.
- Secondly, take each piece of chicken breast and using a sharp knife, make four cuts widthways across each breast (TIP: three-quarters of the way through, from top to bottom. Don’t not cut the chicken all the way through).
- In each cut place one slice of halloumi, one strip of the bacon medallion and a couple of slices of onion. Repeat this for each cut.
- Next, place the stuffed chicken breasts onto a baking tray and bake in the for around 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take out the oven and top each of the chicken breast with 20g of cheddar cheese and a pinch of Italian herbs.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Finally, remove from the oven and serve.
That’s your Pizza-Stuffed Chicken prepared, cooked, melted and ready to serve!
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty that are these chicken breasts. I mean common, that’s what you call a good lookin plate of food!
Seriously though, these went down an absolute treat with the fam, so I can imagine this will be a hit with some of you.
Let me know if you get cooking these yourself and if you do, what you thought of them.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,