I think it’s pretty clear that I’m officially the Cookie Monster. I’m claiming it!
As you know, I absolutely love sharing cookie recipes with you all here on the blog. They are some of my most read blogposts so I know they always go down a treat with you guys also.
Normally, my cookies are pretty indulgent but today’s cookies are the complete opposite. You won’t believe me when I tell you this but today’s cookies are… 40, YES 40 calories each. That’s it.
Yes, these are very low in calories per serving but don’t for one second think they’ll taste rubbish as I can assure you, these are a gooey dream! My mum described them as a ‘brownie like texture’ which I don’t think anyone would complain about.
Thinking of making these yourself? The recipes below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Overall Time: 22 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 70g Of Reduced-Fat Spread
- 135g Of Granulated Sweetener
- 2 Eggs
- 30g Of Coconut Flour
- 25g Of Cocoa Powder
- 45g Of Chocolate Chips
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
How To Make Chocolate Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 70g of reduced-fat spread with 135g of granulated sweetener.
- Next, add in one egg at a time to the large bowl, making sure you mix throughly before adding the second egg.
- Add in the 1tsp of vanilla extract, 30g of coconut powder and 25g of cocoa powder and mix well. (TIP: the mixture will thicken quite a lot when everything is mixed in).
- Now, add in the 1/4tsp of bicarbonate of soda and mix in until all the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Leave the mixture for a couple of minutes so that the coconut flour can absorb any extra moisture and the mixture becomes a dropping consistency.
- (TIP: This isn’t your typical cookie mixture, it actually resembles a cake mixture more than a cookie mixture. So don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t come together like a dough).
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto the lined baking trays, making sure you leave space between them so the cookies can expand.
- Once you’ve spooned every last bit of mixture onto the baking trays, place them into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Finally, once baked, take out the oven and leave to cool on the trays before moving them onto a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Double Choc Chip Cookies prepared, baked and ready to you to enjoy!
These double choc chip cookies, which are incredibly soft and gooey inside, went down an absolute TREAT in my household. I don’t think they lasted long at all.
If your on a health kick and are craving chocolate, these will be the perfect solution for you! I truly believe these will go down amazing with you guys.
Let me know if you end up making these yourself and what you think of them.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,
oh you are making my tummy rumble. I could really do with a low calorie sweet treat right about now!
These are the yummiest! Proper melt in your mouth cookie. You’ll love these Xo
I could have chocolate chip cookies day and night! Honestly would love to have one right nor, thanks for sharing x
They are the best aren’t they? I just love cookies, they are the best sweet treat! Xo
I love cookies, especially when their gooey inside! Will be trying these out for myself I think!
These are super gooey & yummy! They just melt in the mouth Xo
These comments are really delicious and they look so good! I could eat chocolate chip cookies all the time so these would be a great alternative x
Chocolate cookies are the best & very moreish so these being low calorie means you can eat a couple without the guilt afterwards which I love! Xo
Your cookies look great and I definitely would like to try these! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! I really think you’ll enjoy these Xo
I need these in my life. They look incredible.
Everyone needs these cookies in their life, honestly they are super yummy! Thank you so much Xo
I absolutely love using coconut flour for baking cookies! Love this recipe too!
Love, Amie ❤
The Curvaceous Vegan
I’d never really used it before now but it really does give them that extra bit of flavour, doesn’t it? Xo
Wow! I love choco chip so muuucch 😀 Will definitely use your recipe to make one later. Thank you x
Ah that’s amazing, thank you! Let me know what you think Xo