I don’t know if I’m going to kick off a huge debate by asking this but here we go… hash browns, are they for breakfast or for dinner?
I’ll be honest with you, I wasn’t ever a fan of hash browns (if you know me personally, you’ll know I have this weird thing when it comes to different potato textures) until I tried a Mc Donald’s breakfast hash brown. Boy did that change the game!
That being said, I never really ate hash browns for breakfast, I preferred them with my dinner. Is that weird? my mum was buying them bagful after bagful as we all just became obsessed with them and had them with most meals.
Whilst thinking of things I wanted to cook and share with you all, hash browns came to mind. I knew the recipe wouldn’t be too hard so I thought I’d have a go at it.
Lets just say, hash browns are ridiculously easy to make so if you’d like to read the recipe, it’s below;
Category: Breakfast / Dinner
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Overall Time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 4 Large Baking Potato, Peeled
- 1tsp Of Onion Granules
- 1 Medium Egg, Beaten
- 2tsp Of Cornflour
How To Make Hash Browns:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, spray the low calorie cooking spray onto the parchment paper.
- Next, grate the peeled potato’s into a large bowl.
- Once grated, add the 1tsp of onion granules, 1 beaten medium egg and 2tsp of cornflour. Using your hand, mix together the ingredients (TIP: the mixture should become sticky as you mix).
- Shape the potato mixture into six balls.
- Spray the potato balls with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place them onto the lined baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, spray the tops with the low calorie spray then turn them over. Spray the other side and cook for another 15 minutes.
That’s your Hash Brown prepared, cooked and ready to serve!
You can’t get easier than that recipe, can you? Plus, can we take a moment to appreciate how big these hash browns are – they are chunky, easy to make and went down a treat with my family.
Let me know if you give these a go yourself and what you think of them!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,