Crumble is one of my all time favourite deserts. It just warms my heart and let’s be honest, it tastes blooming unreal.
I usually associate crumbles with winter, I don’t know why, I just do BUT today’s crumble is one I’d for sure associate with spring/summer time.
We’ve never tried the combination of apple & apricot but they truly are a match made in heaven. They really compliment each other which makes this crumble 100% worth the try!
You’ll be pleased to know that these crumble is actually only 246 calories per serving, so if your wanting a something a little healthier for your desert, this one will be right up your street…
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50-55 Minutes
Overall Time: 1Hr 10 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 3 Cooking Apples, Cored & Peeled
- 1 X 411g Of Tinned Apricot Halves, Drained
- 25g Of White Granulated Sweetener
- 1 Zest Of A Lemon
- 150g Of Plain Flour
- 75g Of Reduced Fat Spread
- 50g Of Oats
- 30g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Of Cinnamon
How To Make Crumble:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 3 cooking apples, tin of apricot halves, 25g of sweetener and the zest of a lemon.
- Once mixed, pour the apple and apricot mixture into a overproof dish ( around 7in X 10inch ) and set aside.
- Next, in another large bowl, place the 150g of plain flour and 75g of reduced fat spread and using your hands, rub the spread into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Into the large bowl with the crumbs, add 50g of oats, 30g of light brown sugar and 1tsp of cinnamon and mix that into the crumbs.
- Now you’ve got your topping, spread the oat mixture over the top of your apples and apricots.
- Finally, once your crumble has been assembled, place the crumble into the oven for around 50-55 minutes until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
That’s your Apple & Apricot Crumble prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Crumble is such a nostalgic, homely, heart-warming pudding isn’t it?
Let me know if you end up making this yourself and your thoughts, I’d love to know what you think!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,