Crumble is one of my all time favourite deserts. It just warms my heart and let’s be honest, it tastes blooming unreal.
I usually associate crumbles with winter, I don’t know why, I just do BUT today’s crumble is one I’d for sure associate with spring/summer time.
We’ve never tried the combination of apple & apricot but they truly are a match made in heaven. They really compliment each other which makes this crumble 100% worth the try!
You’ll be pleased to know that these crumble is actually only 246 calories per serving, so if your wanting a something a little healthier for your desert, this one will be right up your street…
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50-55 Minutes
Overall Time: 1Hr 10 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 3 Cooking Apples, Cored & Peeled
- 1 X 411g Of Tinned Apricot Halves, Drained
- 25g Of White Granulated Sweetener
- 1 Zest Of A Lemon
- 150g Of Plain Flour
- 75g Of Reduced Fat Spread
- 50g Of Oats
- 30g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Of Cinnamon
How To Make Crumble:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 3 cooking apples, tin of apricot halves, 25g of sweetener and the zest of a lemon.
- Once mixed, pour the apple and apricot mixture into a overproof dish ( around 7in X 10inch ) and set aside.
- Next, in another large bowl, place the 150g of plain flour and 75g of reduced fat spread and using your hands, rub the spread into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Into the large bowl with the crumbs, add 50g of oats, 30g of light brown sugar and 1tsp of cinnamon and mix that into the crumbs.
- Now you’ve got your topping, spread the oat mixture over the top of your apples and apricots.
- Finally, once your crumble has been assembled, place the crumble into the oven for around 50-55 minutes until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
That’s your Apple & Apricot Crumble prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Crumble is such a nostalgic, homely, heart-warming pudding isn’t it?
Let me know if you end up making this yourself and your thoughts, I’d love to know what you think!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
This looks yummy. I’m not usually a sweet tooth kind of girl but I love apples and apricots!
Omg this is the most amazing desert, it’s not to sweet and tastes utterly delicious Xo
I think crumble is on of those dessert I never make for some reason, probably as you said I associate it too with winter, but this combo sounds great! I love apricots and can’t wait to get some from the farmers market and try this out x
Ive always associated crumbles with winter but this is the perfect summery crumble! I used tin apricots in this but I can only imagine how yummy it would be with fresh. Cant wait for summer fruits, it’s my fav Xo
Looks so yummy! I love apples so I think this will be a perfect snack for me. Thank you so much for sharing x
Honestly, you’ll absolutely love this! Xo
Apple and apricot are two good fruits. I’m sure this crumble tasted delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe with me.
The yummiest fruits aren’t they? Honestly, this crumble is delicious Xo
I love a good crumble and this one looks delicious! I haven’t tried a combo fruit crumble so I’m interested to try this. Is there a difference between crumbles and crisps? Or does the UK call it crumble and Canada calls it crisp? I wonder….
I absolutely love crumble, it’s one of my favourite deserts ever! It never disappoints does it? I love combining different fruits to create a crumble, it’s defiantly a must try. I’ll be completely honest I’m not sure, in the UK we call it crumble Xo
I love a crumble! I didn’t even think of making it with apricots, it’s perfect for the summer x
It’s the best isn’t it? This is perfect summery crumble! Apricots are the best in crumbles, it’s a must try Xo
Oh sounds so good and easy too thanks for this recipe!
It’s delish! I really think you guys will love this Xo