I have to start today’s post by apologising. It’s been over a year since I posted my first and only soup recipe. I promised that through 2020 I’d share more soup recipes with you (seen as I had a new soup machine) but I never got round to doing so. Let’s make a deal… 2021 will be the year I share more soup recipes.
If you know me, you’ll know that ever since I was a young child, I’ve hated vegetables. That hate as I’ve grown older has never gone away unfortunately.
So trying to get anything like cauliflower down my throat was a big no no! BUT, (and it’s a big BUT) vegetables in a soup? now that I can deal with. Actually, it’s something I’ve really come to love.
I know, big deal huh?
My mum made this cauliflower cheese soup a couple of weeks ago and I literally fell in love with it. It was blooming delicious, so I had to share the recipe with you guys today!
Category: Starter / Dinner
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 450g Of Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 Small Potato, Scrubbed, Peeled & Chopped
- 950ml Of Vegetable Stock
- 150g Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Cauliflower Soup:
- Firstly gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, cut the cauliflower florets up as small as you can and add to your soup machine (TIP: you might struggle to fit everything below the max line on your soup machine if the florets are large).
- Next, add the 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped potato and the 950ml of vegetable stock to the soup machine and give everything a good mix to make sure none of the ingredients are stuck to the bottom of the machine.
- Turn the soup machine on and set the machine to smooth mode.
- Once the cycle has finished, lift the lid off your soup maker and stir in the 150g of cheddar cheese until it’s melted.
That’s your Cauliflower Cheese Soup prepared, cooked and ready to enjoy!
If you’ve been trying to find love in vegetables but it just hasn’t worked out for you, try adding vegetables to your soup. It’s a really easy and delicious way of having your 5 a day without feeling like your eating them in solid form.
Honestly, I couldn’t believe how yummy this soup was so I’d highly recommend trying!
Let me know if you do try today’s soup and wether you liked it or not.
Sending tons of love and hugs to you all as always,