Last year on Instagram, these Easter eggs filled with different deserts went absolutely crazy! Every baking page I follow was sharing their eggs and honestly, it just inspired me to make my own.
I never actually got round to making my own last year so it was the first thing on my list that I wanted to bake for Easter this year.
I mean, a chocolate Easter egg filled with cheesecake, doesn’t that sound the dream? Also, a little sickly?… maybe but boy, do they draw you in and make you want to demolish them in seconds.
So, guess what? Today I’m sharing with you my very own Cheesecake filled Easter eggs. This is the quickest and easiest recipe ever and the outcome is divine! Therefore, if you’d like to get baking these yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat / Desert
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Chill Time: 1 Hour
Overall Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 2 Easter Egg Shells (1.5 Easter Eggs)
- 100g Of Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- 25g Of Unsalted Butter
- 170g Of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 25g Of Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 100ml Of Double Cream
Toppings You’ll Need:
- Mini Eggs
- Smarties Mini Eggs
- White Chocolate Lint Bunny
- Cadbury’s Cream Egg
- Malteaser Bunnies
How To Make Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and using a sharp knife, cut the Easter egg in half.
- Secondly, put the 100g of biscoff biscuits in a ziplock bag and bash the biscuits with a rolling pin (or use a food processor).
- Melt the 25g of unsalted butter in the microwave and pour into the bashed biscuits and mix well.
- Add the biscuit mixture into the inside of the Easter egg filling them to around 1/3 of the way. Press the mixture down gently and smooth it out.
- Place the eggs into the fridge while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Next, put the 170g of cream cheese and 25g of caster sugar into a mixing bowl and using an electric whisk, beat them together.
- Pour in the 1tsp of vanilla extract and beat again.
- Now, pour in the 100ml of double cream and beat together again until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Take the Easter eggs out the fridge and fill each of them with the cheesecake mixture. Smooth the top with a back of the spoon and place into the filled Easter eggs into the fridge for an hour.
- Finally, add the toppings to your Easter egg cheesecake and serve.
That’s your Cheesecake Filled Easter Egg prepared, chilled and ready to be demolished!
Have these got your mouth watering yet? I can imagine they have as for me, it was love at first sight.
With these eggs, you can add absolutely anything you want to them. Go wild! The Easter toppings are endless now days so don’t feel like you have to stick to the toppings I’ve added.
Let me know if you do end up making your own cheesecake filled Easter eggs and what your thoughts are on them.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,