Hello my loves, hope your all as well as can be!
I’m back baking for you today and I’m kicking off the start of a baking filled year with a recipe from “Tanya Burr Bakes” which I received for Christmas.
If your into baking like myself or would like to get into it, I’d highly recommend buying this book. It’s filled with pages of quick, easy and tasty recipes! what I love most is that some of them are so unusual which makes baking even more interesting and I know for a fact throughout this year I’ll be doing the majority of Tanya’s recipes – starting today.
this book is only £16.99, worth every penny I promise you!
When I saw this recipe I thought it was the strangest combination of ingredients, it’s certainly something I wouldn’t usually bake but my mum kept going on about how much she would love to try it so I knew I had to give it a go.
I’m going to be doing tons of baking this year as they seem to go down amazingly which I’m so grateful for. I have so much fun baking for you all! Baking is like therapy for me, it’s one of the only hobbies I have that I’m not having to have help whilst doing.
So today I’m baking “Pistachio Cake With Lemon Curd” for you;
Ingredients For Cake:
- 150g of pistachios
- 200g of unsalted butter, softened
- 200g of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200g of self-raising flour
- Zest of one Lemon
- 1 jar of lemon curd
Instructions To Make Cake:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 oC / 350 oF / Gas Mark 4 and line a 21cm, loose-bottomed Cake tin (or any size of your choice) with grease proof paper.
- Put 100g of pistachios into a food processor and whizz until finely ground (or finely chop them if you don’t have either of those) and set aside for a moment.
- Next, cream together the 200g of caster sugar and 200g of unsalted butter until light and fluffy. Mix In the 2 large eggs, 200g of self-raising flour, lemon zest and the ground pistachios until well combined.
- Once you’ve combined the mixtures, pour it into the cake tin, smooth out as best as you possibly can and put in the oven to bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whilst the Cake is in the oven, toast and chop the remaining 50g of pistachios.
- Finally, once the cake is out the oven, immediately spread three-quarters of the jar of lemon curd over the top of the cake and sprinkle the chopped 50g of pistachios. After you’ve done this, leave to cool completely in the tin before turning it out and serving.
And that’s it, an easy yet delishious cake inspired by Tanya Burr. My mum is hooked and cannot wait for me to make another which I’m sure I’ll be baking soon. A cake with a difference, a strange combination yet apparently rather tasty.
I really hope you enjoyed today’s post and let me know If you make one of these yourself!
Sending tons of love as always,